UK, England, London - Squirrels of Hyde Park

Hyde Park is the largest Royal Park in London. The park was established in the year 1536 by King Henry VIII and it was first opened to the public in 1637. Today, Hyde Park is popular both with local Londoners as well as visitors to the city.

While on a trip to London in May 2017, I was early for dinner and decided to take a stroll inside Hyde Park next to the areas of the park that borders Bayswater Road and near to the Italian Water Gardens. The time was somewhere between late afternoon and early evening just before 6pm. My walk was delightful as I took in the tranquility and greeneries of the gardens. But it was made more interesting by the many squirrels which darted about in the park. Some of these squirrels had obviously got use to the presence of humans and were brave enough to approach park visitors, apparently looking for food.

Because I was on my way to dinner, I only had the cameras on my mobile phones to photograph these beautiful fur balls. Due to their speed of movements, my iPhone cameras were unable to focus fast enough and this probably resulted in the grainy and relatively poor quality of the photographs. Nevertheless, I still wish to share these photographs in this blog post to showcase these beautiful residents of Hyde Park.

Squirrel, Hyde Park, London, UK (2017)

Squirrel, Hyde Park, London, UK (2017)

A obviously curious but wary Squirrel, Hyde Park, London, UK (2017)

Squirrel scurrying across the grass, Hyde Park, London, UK (2017)

A squirrel approached me looking for food, Hyde Park, London, UK (2017)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing