Maldives - Preparing Tuna

My first trip to the Maldives was in August 2014. Because I stayed at a local guesthouse and not in a resort, I had the opportunity to interact with the locals in the island where the guesthouse is located.

My experience is that the Maldivian people are friendly and polite. Whenever I asked for permission to take photographs or videos, they mostly obliged and were happy to be in my photographs and videos.

Here is a video of a local Maldivian fisherman preparing tuna for preservation. The fishes were expertly de-gutted and cut. The bones, heads and tails were discarded and the 2 sides of the fishes will eventually be laid out in the sun to be sun-dried (shown in one of the photos below).

Preparing Tuna, Mahibadhoo, Maldives (2014)

Tuna fishes before being de-gutted and cut, Mahibadhoo, Maldives (2014)

Tuna fishes being laid out in the sun to be dried; the Maldivian way of preserving this important ingredient of local dishes, Mahibadhoo, Maldives (2014)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat