Singapore - Browsing Art Shops

I am someone who is totally hopeless when it comes to art; both in drawings and paintings. I do have friends who are extremely talented artists and I have always admire their art works and talents.

Thus, it was kind of strange that I actually spent a large part of today, the last Sunday of 2014, browsing shops which supply and retail art materials. Those who live in Singapore or who have lived in Singapore before may know this place called Bras Basah Complex. Many bookstores and art supplies stores are located here which is just a stone's throw away from the central subway station of City Hall (also known as the City Hall MRT Station).

After many hours spent in these shops, I actually bought a bunch of art materials. My artists friends invited me to spend some time drawing and sketching with them and I thought that is a really good idea; drawing inspirations and picking up a tip or two from these talented folks. After all, it is never too late to learn. I may not have the talent but with strong interests, supportive friends to coach me and hard work, I can probably hope to achieve some improvements in this department that I am sorely lacking. That will be my resolution for the coming new year in 2015! ;-)

Happy New Year 2015!

A kaleidoscope of colors, art materials at an art supplies store in Singapore (2014)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg