Travel Bits: January 2016

January heralds the beginning of a new year. A new year of work, a new year of commitments and of course a new year of travel!

My travel programmes for this year should hopefully be a bit more interesting than that of last year although I already had to modify the travel period for my first trip of the year. I had originally planned to drive from Singapore to Ipoh (Perak, Malaysia) in the early part of February to spend the long weekend that comes with the public holidays for Chinese New Year (a.k.a. Lunar New Year). However, as my regular pet-sitter is already fully booked for this period, I have to instead travel after the Chinese New Year period. What a bummer but the trip is still on. :-)

Ipoh, State Capital of Perak, Malaysia (2015)

The crystal clear waters in the streams of Ulu Chepor, Perak, Malaysia (2015)

My next trip should be a longer one sometime in mid-April 2016. I am planning a trip to Japan. Its been 18 months since I last visited Japan and I wanted to travel to the mountains of Takayama (Gifu Prefecture) once again to enjoy the tranquility of the mountains and to soak away my stresses in the natural hot springs (a.k.a. Onsens).

Following this, I have an unplanned trip to Phuket in July 2016. I booked the trip in the spur of the moment yesterday night while I was browsing the internet and came across a fairy attractive promotion by JW Marriott. Coupled with a separate but equally attractive promotion for air tickets by Silk Air for the same period, I couldn't resist clicking on those "Book" buttons. ;-)

Early September 2016 will see on my annual visit to Bali to relax at the white sand beach of Nusa Dua. This is also the time for me to show off those muscles that I have been working so hard for in the gym! Read a book, eat, work on my photography skills, relax and of course gym at my own time and convenience without the need to rush to meet deadlines at work. A short timeout from the daily grind of work. 

In-between my Phuket and Bali trips and if time and schedule proceed as planned, I may embark on a long haul trip to the United Kingdom and France to visit the twin European capital cities of London and Paris. This trip is still very much in the planning phase and may or may not materialise.

So there you have it, my full travel plans for 2016! What is yours? Travel.... the world is out there for you to explore!!! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg