Travel Bits: March 2016

Short trips allow us to get away from work for a few days, recharge and return to work with that extra zest. People often asked me how I manage to work so hard without being stressed or burnt out. My secret lies in the short breaks I took every 3 to 4 months. For such trips, traveling regional is the answer. 

My favourite beach holiday destination, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

In the month of March, I realised that I still have some vacation leave left over from 2015 and decided to take a short trip to my favourite regional destination of Bali. While I still chose to stay at the Nusa Dua area, I decided to modify my itinerary a little this time by staying further north of Nusa Dua at the Sofitel instead of at my usual accommodation at the Grand Hyatt.

Sipping drinks by the beach at teh Sofitel, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

The trip was a nice one. Everything about the Sofitel was awesome, the service was great and the food served at the hotel was delicious.

I did my usual beach combing at low tide, armed with my brand new Go-Pro camera in its water proof casing. And I also did the usual lazing around the beach under the shade wearing nothing but my swimming trunks, with a book in hand. I never missed the fantastic afternoon tea served at the hotel's Millesime lounge throughout my stay. I tried the spa at the hotel's So-Spa and find the foot reflexology sessions absolutely fantastic.

Afternoon tea at the Sofitel's Millesime lounge, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

Spa session at the Sofitel's in-house So-Spa, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

At night, I walked along the beach to look for dinning options at the many interesting restaurants dotting the beach and I must say I was truly spoilt for choice. Sight-seeing wise, I did more than during all my previous stays in Nusa Dua. With my Canon EOS 70D DSLR, I walked around the area looking for interesting photo objects and the local wildlife obliged. I took lots of photographs of Kingfishes, Bulbuls, Sparrows and Squirrels. The only thing I didn't do during this trip is to use the hotel gym. Well, there's always the next time.

An absolutely fabulous trip and a tremendously good break. I am already looking forward to my next holiday trip to Phuket in July. When was your last good break and when is the next one? Go plan one if you still haven't done so! ;-)

Besides my swimming trunk, I also have my adidas cap with me to shield to provide some shield against the hot Balinese sun, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

Lots of suntan lotion followed by layers of moisturisers to protect my tattoos from the harmful UV-rays of the sun, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg