Japan, Okuhida - Mating Grasshoppers

Photo moments abound wherever we may be. These photo moments can be about subjects big or small. About places, architecture, people, food or simply that moment in time when something interesting caught the eye of the person wielding the camera.

And of course, it can also be the floral and fauna of the places. Personally for me, insects make particularly interesting photography subjects. Mainly because insects are usually everywhere and thus easily found. 

While hiking in the Okuhida region of Japan's Gifu Prefecture during Fall (a.k.a. autumn) of 2014, I encountered many interesting and beautiful flora and fauna of the local area. Key amongst the fauna were the numerous insects. Of the many photographs that I took on the several hikes I made during my stay in this mountainous area, here is a photo of a pair of mating grasshoppers.

This photograph was taken with a standard 18-135mm lens with my Canon EOS-70D DSLR set to its Macro mode and the lens at 114mm. ISO 100, f/5.6 1/400s. 

Mating Grasshoppers, Okuhida, Gifu Prefecture, Japan (2014)

The beautiful and peaceful surroundings where I photographed the grasshoppers, Okuhida, Gifu Prefecture, Japan (2014)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg