Estonia, Tallinn - Facades of Houses

Whenever we travelled to new places with histories and cultures different from where we came from, we will almost always encounter new experiences and new sights.

When I was in Tallinn in May 2017, I decided to embark on a walking tour of the city. Basically, my walking tour took me from the ferry jetty where I disembarked after arriving from Helsinki, to the Historic Centre (a.k.a Old Town). Along the way, I was fascinated by the many sights and sounds of Tallinn because this was my first trip not just to the city, but also my first trip to Estonia and the Baltic region. I decided to walk rather than to take a transport because I wanted to experience the city more closely and walking allowed me to do just that.

Near the Historic Centre of the city, I came across many old but magnificent houses. Many of these houses were built with wood, at least as far as my eyes could see from the exterior. I did not get any chance to visit and admire the interiors of these houses. But even the views of the exteriors were enough to overwhelm me. The medieval feel to these houses and their architecture were unmistakeable.

This photograph was one of many that I took of the buildings along the paths of my walking tour of Tallinn. These were and still are precious photo moments captured both digitally with my cameras as well as with my eyes. Priceless mementos gathered on my travels.

Facade of a medieval house, Tallinn, Estonia (2017)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg