Malaysia, Ipoh - Nostalgic Feel of Murals

The murals painted in the conserved buildings in Ipoh's Old Town always evoked a sense of nostalgia in me. Growing up in Singapore where the culture between Singapore and Malaysia were really similar, these murals depicting childhood games, fast disappearing or already disappeared lifestyles of the 70s and 80s and other facets of life during those years reminded me of my growing up years. 

Mural depicting a local coffee shop scene which had long disappeared from the modern day life of Singapore and Singaporeans but scatters of which can still be found in Ipoh today, Old Town, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia (2017)

And nope, I am not someone who is experiencing middle age crisis so much so that I am beginning to dwell on the past. :-) But nostalgia with good memories can be a good thing as it helped to bring us back to the past, allow us to understand the present and assist us to prepare for the future.

I have previously posted 2 blog posts here on the murals in Old Town. But it seems like overtime I visited Old Town, there were always that one or two "new" murals which I had not seen in my previous visits.

So here are the so-called "new' murals that I discovered in my most recent trip in the first week of November 2017.

The scene of playing and jumping kids was cleverly depicted here which incorporated actual physical facets of the wall such as the window in the top left corner and disused sewage outlet at the bottom into the mural, Old Town, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia (2017)

This mural depicts a typical street scene which can no longer be found in Singapore and had also disappeared from everyday life in Ipoh, Old Town, Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia (2017)

If you would like to view more murals in Old Town from my other articles in this blog, follow these links:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg