Japan, Himeji - Himeji Castle

Both a national treasure to Japan and a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Himeji Castle and its complex stand tall and proud on a hilltop overlooking the city of Himeji in Japan's Hyogo Prefecture. 

Completed in the year 1609, the Himeji Castle complex originally comprised more than 80 different buildings spread out over the complex area and interconnected by winding paths while at the same time, separated by gates. 

Visiting the castle complex for the first time in April, I was awestruck by the magnificent castle, its surrounding buildings and well-manicured gardens. This is truly one historic castle complex that made me literally hold my breath as I marvelled at its architecture and grandeur.

I shall be following up with a more detailed blog post on my visit to Himeji Castle. But until I get around to writing that article, here is a photo of Himeji Castle that I took with my iPhone X which I would like to share with all of you.

Using both my DSLR camera and my iPhone X, I took countless other photographs of the castle, its surrounding buildings and gardens from as many angles and as many perspectives that I could master in my relatively short half-day visit. And I would need time to sort out these photographs which I will be sharing together with the upcoming full-length article on my visit. Until then, this single photograph of the castle shall mark the first entry of Himeji Castle in my travel blog.

Himeji Castle in spring, Himeji, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan (2018)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg