Japan, Kobe - Whales on the Sidewalk

With almost everyone owning a smartphone nowadays, snapping photographs on the go has become so convenient that we almost forgot that in the not so distant past, we all need to lug an additional electronic device, a camera, with us whenever we travel so that we can capture those special moments to keep as mementos of our visits to different countries, cities and places.

The addition of smartphones to our daily lives has made capturing those special photo moments so convenient. When I travel, I usually reserve my DSLR camera for those occasions when I expect to take a lot of photographs. The size and weight of DSLR cameras can be quite a hassle to bring along on trips, especially short trips where one do not intend to have any check-in luggages.

My handy smartphone, which I always carry around in my pocket, allows me to capture those special photo moments as and when I feel like taking a photograph. The photo moment can be a selfie (which for me is a rather rare activity) or that unexpected moment when I encounter something interesting and photo-worthy. 

While in Kobe in April 2018, I came across interesting sculptures of whales on the sidewalk. Besides whales, there are other sculptures of creatures of the sea all over the sidewalks. Whipping out my smartphone, an iPhone X, I took several photographs to preserve as special photo moments of my visit to the city. 

A pair of whale sculptures on the sidewalk, Kobe, Hyogo Prefecture, Japan (2018)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg