Korea, Seoul - Photographs of Photographs

Traveling opens our minds. It allows us to see and experience sights and sounds that may be vastly different from those that we are used to in our daily routines both at home and at work. This is usually true regardless of the country or city we visited. 

Seoul filled me with much "wow" and "ah" during my visit. Each sight and experience was an amazing visual and in some ways, spiritual journey.

Profoundly influenced by Confucian principles, Korean culture places emphasis on harmony, family, friendship, ancestry, tradition and respect for both elders and authority. This influence is evident both in the business world and personal lives of Koreans.

During my short trip to Seoul, I was always intrigue by everything I saw and experienced. Due to the limited scope of my trip, I was not able to fully immerse myself in Korean culture. But I found another way to vastly increase my exposure in this area through visual appreciation of the many photographs on billboards around town and in shopping malls reflecting the Korean culture and ways of life.

And I was busy recording my visit through taking photographs of these photographs! This was reflected in my reflections in the photographs below. The glass panels framing these photographs provide good reflections of life outside of these photographs. :-)

Photograph of a tablet inscribed with Korean wordings and/or phrases, Seoul, South Korea (2011)

Photograph of a cultural dance with the dancers dressed in traditional Korean attire, Seoul, South Korea (2011)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg