Laos, Luang Prabang - Water Buffalos

Despite never having lived in a farm or rural areas before, I have always like the farm and rural life. Growing up in a city meant that I had little contacts with animals as a child except for common house pets such as cats and dogs.

Whenever I traveled to rural areas, I was always excited to see animals, domesticated or wild; better if the animals were wild and living freely in their natural environments.




I typically admired the animals from a distance, making sure that my presence would not alarm them or interfered with their activities in any way. For this reason, a standard zoom lens is a must when I travel, especially if the places that I am traveling to has a chance for animal encounters. 

These photos of a herd of domesticated water buffalos (Bubalus bubalis) were taken in the outskirts of Luang Prabang. The animals were taking shelter from the hot mid-day sun when my vehicle passed by. I requested the driver to stop safely by the side of the road, walked towards the small shelter, kept my distance, set my zoom lens and took some photographs. Most of the photos were taken with my zoom lens set between 70mm to 135mm.

Water buffalos, Luang Prabang, Laos (2017)

Water buffalos, Luang Prabang, Laos (2017)

Water buffalo, Luang Prabang, Laos (2017)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg