Travel Bits: August 2019

Do what you want on you travels.......

Travelling for me, has always been to do what I want and not what others think I should do. For that reason, I seldom signed myself up for package trips. While package trips are good for some destinations where I can just leave it to the tour agent to plan everything as I sit back, relax, and enjoy what the trip has to offer, these trips do also include certain stops or activities on the itineraries which I just do not find joy in partaking.

Thus, for the most part, I always book my own air tickets, hotel accommodations and jet off to the destination to enjoy the trip at my own pace, space and time. For some difficult-to-travel-to locations for sight seeing, I may sign up for a day trip. But that's about it. Most of the time, I prefer to enjoy trips at my own leisure.

Having said that, I did thoroughly enjoy myself on some package trips including escapades to Nepal for trekking and white-water rafting. And there were also the packaged trip which I joined to travel to Vietnam's Ho Chi Minh City which I found to be both enriching and fun. And of course, my packaged trip to climb South-East Asia's highest peak., Mount Kinabalu in the state of Sabah in Malaysia was an absolute adventure in itself. And for next year, I am seriously contemplating to join a short 5 to 7-day package trip to visit Bhutan. 

This is the kind of traveller I am. While I tend to lean more towards a certain type of travel, I don't necessarily rule out other travel options as well. This moderation has allow me to enjoy the best of most travel worlds. By not clinging dearly to any set travel philosophy, I pick and choose the type of travels I want depending on the destinations, my budget and the administrative chores that come with visiting each unique destination.

What kind off traveller are you? Do you do what you want on your travels? Or do you let your partner, friends or travel agents do the planning and trip execution?

An idyllic gateway to a great vacation, Lombok, Indonesia (2014)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg