Travel Bits: October 2019

Sustainable Travel.......

Climate change is the catchphrase of our time. To ensure that I play my own small part towards more sustainable and environmentally-friendly trips, these are the little rules that I follow while travelling:

  • Do away with disposables - I pack my own small set of re-useable cutlery in my check-in luggage and use them during my travels. This allows me to totally eliminate the need to use any disposable cutlery for my meals during my trips. As much as I can, I will also avoid dining at eateries where food are served using disposable bowls, plates and cups.
  • Cut-down on single use plastic bags - Bringing along my backpack when out sightseeing, small purchases on-the-go can be placed right into my backpack, drastically cutting down on the need for single use plastic bags.
  • Re-useable Water Bottles - Boiling water at the hotel room and filling up my water bottle with the boiled water after it has cooled down to room temperature. This way, I avoid the need to keep purchasing bottled water. Each bottled water is one extra plastic bottle being generated as waste. Thus, I not only get to play my part in cutting down on plastic waste, but also get to save some money on my travels.
Three simple rules and three ways to more sustainable travel and living.

Cutting down on disposables and single use plastics contribute to sustainable travel and living, Lombok, Indonesia (2014)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg