Travel Bits: September 2019

Working Trips.......

Travelling on vacations and travelling for work are two totally different things, at least for me. 

When on vacations, my mood was always relaxed and I was always eager for new adventures, to see new things and so on and so forth. Travelling for work is a different ball game altogether. There were always the "mission" tasks to take care of. The constant worries that the upcoming business meetings may not result in the achievement of the set KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and whatnot.

I personally do not enjoy work trips compared to my vacation trips. But, a trip is still a trip after all. And when travelling to a new city for the first time, there will always be the new experiences, the new sights, new people to meet and new culture to experience. Thus, I always try to make the most of my business trips.

Because I often travel with my clients, it is thus not polite to extend my business trips to enjoy an extra couple of days of personal travel. However, it is still possible to carve out some personal time during these trips. These typically include short walks around the neighbourhoods of the hotels when all my clients had retired to their respective rooms for the night. On occasions when the business trip include a weekend in-between the usual busy week-days of meetings, I will usually volunteer to drive the group to malls on shopping trips. My favourite has always been shopping trips to Outlet Malls where upon arrival, my clients and me will appoint a fixed time and place to rendezvous before we fanned out across the mall on our own to conduct our individual shopping. This way, I got to enjoy some personal time during the trip.  

Enjoying a bird's eye view of the city of San Diego on a flight from Los Angeles, San Diego, California, United States (2019)

The Premium Outlets Mall in Orlando, Florida, United States (2016)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg