Bucket List: Fly Non-Stop from Singapore to the United States

Seattle, Washington, United States

A bucket list item can be anything that one wishes it to be. That is the beauty of it. It can be as challenging and adventurous as climbing a mountain or as laid-back as a luxurious cruise around the Mediterranean. It can also be as complex as traveling to every continent in the world or as mundane as reading a book under the trees by the sea in a secluded Pacific island.

One of my travel bucket list item is to take a non-stop flight from Singapore to the United States. That dream came true in November 2019. Although the trip was a business trip, it nonetheless still fulfilled the criteria for a tick against that bucket list item.

My passport and boarding pass, SQ28 from Singapore to Seattle, United States (2019)

During the trip, I travelled on Singapore Airlines' SQ28 from Singapore to Seattle, Washington. It was a non-stop flight of about 14-hours. The longest non-stop flight I had ever taken before this trip was abut 12 hours from Singapore to Europe. And to add to the exhilaration of fulfilling this bucket list item, I got to fly via J-Class (a.k.a. Business Class).

View of my window seat on the Port Side (Left) of the plane, SQ28 from Singapore to Seattle, United States (2019)

Space in front of my seat, the in-flight entertainment screen (not visible in this photograph) is just above this space, SQ28 from Singapore to Seattle, United States (2019)

Singapore Airline's famed premier class service was apparent from the moment I boarded the flight. A welcome drink and confirmation by the crew of my pre-ordered choice of meals via the airline's "Book-The-Cook" service where I pre-selected meals of my choice online prior to my flight.

The flight was serviced using an Airbus A350-900 plane. The business class seat came with a lie-flat functionality whereby I could, with the touch of a button, configured the seat to a fully-flat bed for a nice in-flight nap. For the record, I did very little sleeping during the flight. Instead, I enjoyed myself watching movies on the in-flight entertainment system, the gorgeous meals and of course, working on my presentation materials.

There were two meals served over the 14-hour flight. My first meal was my favourite Lobster Thermidor. For my second meal, I selected sautéed Cod with Mussels. Both meals were served with appetisers and dessert and my favourite Guatemala Coffee brew. I opted out of the vast selection of alcoholic drinks on offer because I wanted to stay fresh for my business meetings upon my arrival in Seattle.

Meal #1, Appetiser of duck and salad, somewhere over the South China Sea, SQ28 from Singapore to Seattle, United States (2019)

Meal #1, Main course of Lobster Thermidor and fragrant rice, my all-time favourite Business Class meal on Singapore Airlines' flights, somewhere over the South China Sea, SQ28 from Singapore to Seattle, United States (2019)

Meal #1, Dessert of cheesecake and strawberries, somewhere over the South China Sea, SQ28 from Singapore to Seattle, United States (2019)

Meal #2, Appetiser of Shrimps and Vegetables, somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, SQ28 from Singapore to Seattle, United States (2019)

Meal #2, Main course of sautéed Cod with Mussels, somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, SQ28 from Singapore to Seattle, United States (2019)

Meal #2, Dessert of delectable cheesecake, somewhere over the Pacific Ocean, SQ28 from Singapore to Seattle, United States (2019)

About14-hours after the flight took off from Singapore's Changi International Airport (IATA:SIN, ICAO: WSSS), I arrived at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (IATA: SEA, ICAO: KSEA).  There were no First Class seats on this flight. Thus, Business Class passengers got to disembark first and I was soon on my way to my business meetings.

A memorable and enjoyable flight. And a bucket list item checked.

My return trip a week later had a short stopover at Hong Kong International Airport (IATA: HKG, ICAO:VHHH) as I departed the United States for home, flying from San Francisco International Airport (IATA:SFO, ICAO: KSFO) on SQ1 in J-Class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg