Australia, Gascoyne - Skyview from the Sky

For medium and short haul flights as well as flying in the premium cabins on long haul flights, I typically prefer to have a window seat. The reason being that I could have great views of the sky from the sky! And this totally beat the inconveniences usually associated with a window seat such when having to leave your seat for the washroom or when there was a need to stretch the legs during those long flights.

Like most avid travelers, I am currently grounded due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Border closures being the primary culprit for me being stuck in my home city. But being grounded also gave me the time to go through many of the photographs I took on my past trips. While digitally archiving the photographs of my previous trips, I came across these photographs I took from my window seat while flying over the Western Australian region of Gascoyne on my way home from Perth to Singapore during a trip in 2018. From the real-time flight route map, I had recorded in my journal that these photographs were taken in the sky over Shark Bay.

As the flight made its way over Shark Bay, the soft glow of the setting sun in the sky was exhilarating to watch. Such views were only possible from, a window seat!

Warm glow of the setting sun in the sky over Shark Bay, Gascoyne, Western Australia, Australia (2018)

Bird's-eye view of Shark Bay, Gascoyne, Western Australia, Australia (2018)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg