Bucket List: London's Natural History Museum

London, England, United Kingdom

I have always been fascinated with dinosaurs since I was a kid. Growing up, I would read lots of books and magazines about dinosaurs. I still do. :-) At public libraries or bookstores, any books or magazines about dinosaurs or with a dinosaur picture on its cover will made me stoped right in my tracks for a second look.

Thus, when I fist visited London's Natural History Museum in 2011, I was thrilled. I spent an entire day at the museum, mostly at the dinosaur-section. From then on, every visit to London would not be complete for me without a trip to the Natural History Museum.

Dinosaur exhibit, Natural History Museum, London, England, UK (2017)

On each visit, I would spend the most time at the dinosaur exhibits. Over the years however, I have learned to appreciate and thus spent more time on the other exhibits such as the Earth Treasury (featuring minerals, gemstones and rocks), Volcanoes & Earthquakes (learning about the changing face of the planet we all live in), Human  Evolution (meeting our ancient ancestors and relatives), Birds (studying the avian world) and Creepy Crawlies (finding out all about insects and everything arthropod and more).

An exhibit in the Minerals, Gemstones and Rocks Section, Natural History Museum, London, England, UK (2017)

A taxidermised Dodo exhibit, Natural History Museum, London, England, UK (2017)

Dinosaur Wall Art Print, Natural History Museum, London, England, UK (2017)

Dinosaur Wall Art Print, Natural History Museum, London, England, UK (2017)

My most recent trip to the museum was in Apr 2018. I had planned to visit London and the museum again in autumn of 2020 but that plan was upended by the COVID-19 pandemic. 

Besides the Natural History Museum, other renown museums on my travel bucket list are the British Museum (also located in London and one of the museums which I had visited multiple times), Altae Nationalgalerie (Berlin, not yet visited), Pergamon Museum (Berlin, not yet visited), Grand Egyptian Museum (Cairo, not yet visited) and the Angkor National Museum (Siem Reap, visited).

Notes:
The London Natural History Museum is located in South Kensington, London. Visit the museum's official website at: https://www.nhm.ac.uk.

The Natural History Museum Building, London, England, UK (2017)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg