Travel Bits: November 2020

 Where would you travel to, if you can travel back in time.......

The end of November 2020 is almost here. This heralds the arrival of December, the last month of the calendar year. 2020 is best remembered as the year of a worldwide pandemic. For travel bugs like myself, the pandemic resulted in a whole travel-less year. Yes, no travel anywhere for a whole year and well into the foreseeable months ahead. News of the promising results of several vaccines under advance-staged trials provided glimpses of hope not just for travel but more importantly, for the health of the global population and economy. But it is still early days in terms of vaccine development, production and distribution.

Without any travel for the year, there is definitely no trips to reflect upon during this year-end. Instead, I can only rely on my imaginations to reflect upon what could have been.

So, I asked myself an age-old question. If I can travel back in time, where would I want to travel to?

I would love to travel back to some of the places where I had visited and re-connect with the people I met during those trips. I would establish closer contacts instead of just living those fleeting moments of spending a short time together. I would spend more time enjoying the sceneries and living the experiences instead of trying to travel and work at the same time. Yes, less time staring into my mobile phone and laptop and more time looking into the horizons. I would try that local food which I had passed up. I would take that selfie which I had neglected to. I would hike that trail which I had lazily gave up. I would have bungee-jumped instead of chickening out at the last minute. 

The next time I get to travel, I would do all these things....... and more. I would live the travel experiences instead of focusing on the destinations. The next time I travel.......

Patong Beach, Phuket, Thailand (2017)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg