Singapore, Mount Faber - Going Local

When international leisure travel is not possible, the next best thing is to go local. To travel locally and enjoy the local sights and sounds that we do not normally indulge ourselves in.

As a wrapped up to my rather pathetic travel calendar for 2020, I embarked on a local cable car ride on New Year's eve. This was my own small way to mark the end of 2020 and to celebrate the arrival of 2021. 

That this was actually my first time taking a cable car in Singapore was quite surprising to myself. While I had taken countless cable car rides while overseas, I had not actually rode in a cable car in my home city! Well, that was then. I had since clocked my first local cable car ride and was pleasantly surprised by the beautiful night view as the cable car took me from its starting station at Mount Faber to the resort island of Sentosa and back. The drizzling rain made the ride a cosy one and I loved the natural effects of the rain on my photographs. 

Where else next? Local attractions, I mean. :-)

Night view of cable car ride on the approach to Mount Faber Station from Sentosa, Singapore (2020)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg