Bucket List: A Fantasy Journey Through A Galaxy Far Far Away

Singapore, Marina Bay, Marina Bay Sands, ArtScience Museum

What counts as a bucket list item? For me, a bucket list item don't have to be something extraordinary. It can be something simple, something close to my heart. I do not have to climb the highest peak in the world or travel to the ends of the world to qualify a bucket list item; although those epic adventures would certainly have counted as not just bucket list items but special bucket list items! Bucket list items can be achieved closer to home, in one's own backyard or anywhere as long as it fulfils a special place in one's heart.

******************

Being a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise, I was naturally very excited when the "Star Wars Identities"  exhibition was staged in Singapore in the first half of this year. Needless to say, I made time to visit. Although I wish that there were more range and depth in the exhibits, I am still grateful that I was able to visit in person.

Walking through the exhibition halls and viewing the props and artefacts on display brought back special memories for me. Memories that started when I was not even in my teen years. Memories that began with "The Empire Strikes Back". Granted that was not the first-ever Star Wars movie (it was a sequel to the first movie, "A New Hope") but that was the first Star Wars movie I watched in the cinema back in 1980 when my dearest grandparents rewarded me for achieving good grades in school with a movie outing, complete with dining at McDonald's. Ah..... those great memories of the childhood years.

As my journey continued through the exhibits, the years of memories kept coming back. Episode IV, V, VI, I, II, III and so on. I loved the designs of the starships; Imperial Star Destroyers, Imperial Shuttle, B-Wing Starfighters, X-Wing Starfighters, AT-AT Walkers and the list went on. And those so-called baddies (a.k.a. antagonists) including the Imperial Troopers in their shockingly wide variety of armoured uniforms. My favourite trooper was and still is the Scout Trooper. As in all movie franchises, the baddies always seem to have much better fashion senses!

Starships and more starships of the Star Wars Universe, ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (2021)

The last travelling Star Wars exhibition, "The Art of Star Wars" was staged in Singapore back in 2006. 15 years later in 2021, "Star Wars Identities" had returned to continue the fascinating galactic journey for its legion of fans. For me personally, a Bucket List item checked. And I don't even have to travel overseas to fulfil this one.

Life-size Battle Droid, ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (2021)

Life-size Stormtrooper Helmet, ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (2021)

Life-size Jawa, ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (2021)

Life-size Jedi Master Yoda, ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (2021)

Snowspeeder from "The Empire Strikes Back", ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (2021)

Concept drawings of Darth Vader's design, ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (2021)

Life-size Jedi Master Plo Koon, ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (2021)

Life-size Jedi Master Kit Fisto, ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (2021)

The main protagonist and antagonist of the Star Wars franchise, Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (2021)

The iconic Millennium Falcon, ArtScience Museum, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore (2021)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg