Travel Bits: January 2022

Running out of Greek Alphabets.......

2 years and counting and the world is still in the midst of a pandemic caused by the nasty COVID-19 and its variants. The latest twist in the story of this current pandemic is Omicorn. At the rate this is going, we may soon be running out of greek alphabets for all the various variants that may be coming our way... 😓

After 24 months, we seem to be still at Square One of our Snake-and-Ladders tussle with the dreaded virus. To be honest, nobody has a good answer to when this may all end or subside to a level when the world can resume its normality pre-year 2020.

For me, I had obediently followed all public health guidelines including receiving my full 2-dose of mRNA vaccines as well as an mRNA booster jab (3 jabs in total), observing social distancing and working from home whenever possible, never leaving my home without a mask worn properly over my nose and mouth and limiting social events to the barest minimum.

My passion for travel had not featured in my life since February 2020. But come 2022, I have very cautiously planned two trips to regional countries, both within 2 hours flight from my home city.

First up will be a trip in March 2022 to Kuala Lumpur and Ipoh (Malaysia) to visit relatives and friends. The second trip to Bali (Indonesia) is planned for October 2022. This is actually a trip that was supposed to take place in April 2020 but had to be postponed repeatedly due to continuing travel restrictions. Hopefully, I can visit my favourite beach destination in October as planned.

With the uncertainties surrounding inter-country travels due to the pandemic, I am hesitant to plan more trips for 2022. May 2023 bring with it a different world free of the hassle of this nasty bug (a.k.a virus).

Will I get to enjoy the sun, sand and sea in Bali in October 2022 as planned? Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2018)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg