Travel Bits: February 2022

Getting back into the groove.......

As countries slowly but cautiously peel back border restrictions in an attempt to revive battered economies and move to live with COVID-19 in the so-called endemic state, things are starting to look a lot brighter. While a few countries are still trying to beat COVID-19 with zero infection strategies, the rest of the world is finally coming together again and re-opening to each other.

The hermit-like style that has defined my life since March 2020 has also slowly taken a back seat. I have been going out of my home a little more, cautiously but surely. Work and social life have both taken on a more physical and personal approach as opposed to being just a small screen on those online meeting places. All said, I still take personal precautions such as being fully masked whenever I am out and about, even keeping my mask on at all times while attending work meetings. Additionally, I also avoid crowded places as much as possible and try to time my journeys on public transport during non-peak hours. All of us must remember that the pandemic is still with us. Thus, socially responsible actions are still required. And if we are to hope to more towards a more pre-COVID life soon, we must all play our individual part.

Next month, I will take a flight for the first time in almost 28 months. The most recent time I was on a plane was in November 2019. Even though this will be a short flight lasting less than an hour to Kuala Lumpur in neighbouring Malaysia, it marks the beginning of returning back-to-normal, travel-wise.

January and February of 2022 are the months that I have been gradually coming back out into the world.

Hello World! 😁

Time to re-emerge back into the world, Telok Blangah, Singapore (2022)

Venturing back to the malls again, Vivocity Mall, Telok Blangah, Singapore (2022)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg