Travel Bits: March 2022

Time out....... And Into the Wild...

More than 2 years into the pandemic when international travel restrictions continue to deter leisure travel, I have been "travelling" locally, re-connecting with local places as well as even visiting "new" local places that I had never been to in my life, despite living in the same country since the day I was born!

Recently, I travelled to several islands located in the south of Singapore. Some of them I had visited a long time ago when I was still in a kid while for a few of these island, it was my first visit.

As COVID-related social restrictions are cautiously, gently and carefully lifted in accordance with the prevailing national infection situation, the local Authorities have since announced (a few days ago if I remembered correctly) that current rules barring camping have been lifted. Yes! 😁

Some months back, I had fantasied about going on some local camping trips to enjoy the natural environment and treat myself to the nostalgia of my teen years with the Boy Scouts. This opportunity has now arrived.

Into the wild....... my forays into more local travels and adventures await. 


Selfie, Kusu Island, Singapore (2022)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg