Random Thoughts - From Nowhere to Somewhere

Having lived marooned in my city for the past 30 months, I had in the last three weeks completed two overseas trips; the first was a driving trip from Singapore to Ipoh and Cameron Highlands in Malaysia and the second was a flight to Cambodia's Siem Reap. With no trips scheduled in the month of June, I was planning on catching up on work, writings and readings while waiting for my upcoming first ever cruise experience.

I had booked the 4-day, 3-night cruise to nowhere in the last week of April; intending to savour the experience of cruise life for the first time since I have never been on a cruise before. Even though it was a cruise to nowhere where the cruise embark and disembark at the same port in Singapore without stopovers in any other ports, I reckoned back then that it was something worth paying for because one never knows when some nasty pandemic surprises may rear their ugly heads again to put all travels back to a standstill.

This morning, I woke up to emails in my inbox from the Cruise Company. Instead of the planned itinerary of a cruise to nowhere, the new itinerary is now a cruise to somewhere! Yes, instead of cruising in a small circle in the South China Sea, we will now be cruising in the Straits of Malacca with a stopover in a port in the Malaysian state of Penang. Now, I have never visited Penang before and I have never been on a cruise before. The news is thus a much welcomed boost for me. I get to experience cruise life for the first time and I also get to visit a new place that I had not previously visited. That is certainly something really worth looking forward to....... I am now so glad that I booked this cruise back in April! 

Royal Caribbean's Spectrum of the Seas will be my first ever cruise experience!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg