Travel Bits: March 2023

Travel Trip Plannings...... 


Much has been said regarding how the anticipation and planning of a leisure trip are the most enjoyable parts of a trip, any trips.

From my personal perspective, I would say the finalisation of the major components of trip planning comes with an exhilaration that is most satisfying. With most pandemic-related travel curbs removed and revenge travelling reaching a crescendo, securing those previous seats on flights to popular destinations can be a challenge. This is more so for those of us like myself trying to make every travel dollar stretched. I had personally witnessed air tickets and accommodations prices rose like a bull rally on the stock markets. Each day I login in to the airline and hotels websites, I saw prices climb until they were out of reach of my limited travel budget.

Thus, it was with much relief when I managed to finally secured my air tickets to Tokyo in end-July this year. The peak summer travel period! I need to get to Japan in August for my cruise trip from Yokohama to Singapore beginning on 12th August. A few extra days in Japan before the cruise trip starts is desired as I can save on air tickets for a second trip. Hence, my month long trip will have two parts. Part One will be travels around Japan from Tokyo to Nagaoka and back to Tokyo before Part Two commences. This will be the cruise trip that will bring me to more parts of Japan before leaving for the Philippines and Vietnam prior to arriving in Singapore where my month-long vacation will conclude. One month! My longest vacation yet!

With the air tickets secured, my next tasks will be to scout for and finalise my accommodations. The sightseeing parts will be my usual Travel-Without-Fixed-Plan style where I hope to chance upon great experiences that will be worthy of archive in my personal collection of travel tales.

Until the trip commence, it will be more price comparisons before I settle on my accommodations for the trip. Ah........ the angst of travel planning when one has limited financial means!

Godzilla in Shinjuku, Tokyo, Japan (2018)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg