Random Thoughts - De-conflicting Trip Dates and Deliveries for Online Purchases

While I have made plans and confirmed my air tickets and hotel accommodation for my upcoming short trip to Hong Kong in the later part of this week, I just couldn't resist clicking on the "Buy" buttons of some online web-stores due to the amazing promotional prices on offer. 

Seeing that their "promised" delivery dates will be just-in-time for me to receive these items right before I jet off to enjoy Hong Kong's delicious food, the "scheduled" delivery dates for the same items after I made my payments had quickly "shifted" to a few days, later!

Now, this is going to be a problem. If the said deliveries are going to be happening when I am away, then there is no way either myself or anyone else can be at home to receive the parcels because I don't stay with family.

Moral of the story? Always assume the "promised" delivery dates of online platforms as "expected" or "estimated" dates rather than dates cast in stone. The positive for me is that because I am a person who always plan for failures, the couple of items I purchased last week were low cost items and I can afford to lose these items in the event of missed shipments and I am unable to successfully apply for refunds. Well, I took the risks and my "gamble" failed. 😇

Of course, there can also be a happy conclusion to my recent online purchases. Because the deliveries may possibly be later than the "scheduled" dates; where I will already be home from my trip.

Stationery that I frequently purchased online, Singapore (2023)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg