Upcoming trips....... I did not travel for the month of September 2026, either for work or vacation. However, I have two upcoming trips in October. First up is a trip to Hong Kong and Macau on the first week of October 2026. During this trip, I will be traveling to Macau for the first time. Thus, a new city will be clocked for my travel map. I am attending a concert in Macau and will stay overnight after the concert, returning to Hong Kong the next day. Yes, as someone who prefers familiarity (despite my love for travels), I am using Hong Kong as a base for the trip. My return air tickets to Hong Kong was booked at promotion prices with Singapore Airlines and my accommodations in both Hong Kong and Macau have also been booked and paid well in advance, albeit a bit expensive at this time of the year because my trip dates coincide with the Golden Week holidays in China. A week later, I will be traveling to Ipoh to visit relatives and friends. This time, I will be flying to Ipoh via ...
I travelled to Japan for the second time this year in August 2026. I had visited Japan's Kansai region in my trip in January. This trip, I visited Tokyo and Fukushima. Fukushima was especially interesting for me because it was my first time visiting the Prefecture. I took a Shinkansen from Tokyo to Fukushima, enjoying my onigiri onboard while viewing the passing scenes of parts of Tokyo, Saitama and Tochigi. And yes, they still sell snacks onboard the Shinkansen and I bought a bottle of cold coffee to enjoy with my onigiri bought at Tokyo Station before boarding. Summing up my Tokyo and Fukushima trip in a simple infographic? That idea came to me while I was dumb scrolling the internet on a lazy Sunday morning. I tried asking an online AI to generate this basic infographic for me by providing some details of my trip to the AI. Of course, I forgot other trip details during the process. However, the first-cut output was rather impressive, to me at least. No original photos I had take...
Japan, Nagasaki Prefecture, Tsushima Japan is a country which is heavily forested. Close to 2/3 of the country is covered in forests. I had always wanted to travel to and hike in some of Japan's forested areas, preferably in locales where the human population is sparse. Not that I am a hermit but less populated areas usually means more flourishing flora and fauna due to lesser human activities. Over the years and during my many trips to Japan, I had hiked in the Okuhida region of Takayama's mountain range as well as in the forests of Shiga Prefecture. One of my hikes in Japan's forests was in November 2019 when I traveled to Tsushima from Busan (Korea). Located between Busan and Nagasaki, Tsushima is an island group. With a sub-tropical marine environment, Tsushima has unique flora and fauna not found elsewhere in the Japanese main islands. A secluded shore in the n orthern part of Kamino-shima, Tsushima, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan (2019) During my tr...
Comments
Post a Comment