Random Thoughts - Travel Wardrobe

These days, I realised I have become more conservative in my dressings when I travel. I had always dressed conservatively back at home and at work due to the nature of my profession and the industry that I am in. That has not changed and will likely remain unchanged. But, whenever I travelled on vacation, I tended to let my hair down a fair bit when it came to choice of clothing. I had written all that in the past tense because I realised, those days of past were indeed that, the past!

Not that I am consciously doing that, as in dressing more conservatively when I travel. But somehow, that change just crept in without me realising it. Until, I started to look at the photos of myself in my recent trips. Is it because of age? Or is it because I have somehow got brain-washed by the mainstream media that everything nowadays have to be politically correct, freedom of choice and thoughts be damned? Maybe yes, may not. I don't know for sure.

But dressed conservatively I did. Browsing through the pile of digital photographs of my recent trips, I found myself always dressed in the standard polo-tees in dark colours or white, short-sleeves tees in shades of black, grey or white, long-sleeve tees again in shades of black, grey or white and the occasional over-shirt in khaki, black or similar shades of colours. Long gone are my days of sleeveless tees, some with drop armholes that never failed to expose my chest and a nipple or two when I bend down to tie my shoe laces or to pick up some stuff, colourful tees with loud prints and tight-fit shirts with fanciful designs worn with at least the top two buttons undone to show a hint of chest and cleavage. During sea days on recent cruises, I did not even go topless on the upper decks like I usually did previously. Nothing to do with being self-conscious because I still gym regularly and am not shy to go full monty in the onsens when I was in Japan or in the changing rooms of gyms when travelling and back at home.

But in public, I am now always dressed very conservatively when on holidays. Maybe in my next trip, when time, space and place allow....... 

Selfie of myself coming down the stairs in a recent cruise trip, Spectrum of the Seas, Taiwan Strait, east of Shanghai, China (2023)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg