Travel Bits: September 2023

Back from a month-long trip...... 


Home, from a fresh trip that lasted close to a month, I am currently buried up to my nose in work! Ah, the payments for my wanderlust.

To be honest, even though I spent a small fortune on my month-long trip across Asia, these are funds that I had already budgeted and put away as spare money since last year. All my credit cards had been paid in full, maintaining my good credit score. That is how I can enjoy my vacations without having to worry about finances.

Money matters aside now, in order not to digest from this month's edition of Travel Bits. 😆

After my long trip with many individual travel bucket list items fulfilled, I no longer have any major trips planned or booked. Apart from the yearly sojourns to nearby destinations such as Kuala Lumpur, Ipoh and Bali, no major trips are in the horizon on my calendars. Ok, I do have an 8-nights cruise to Bali and Lombok booked. But that trip will only happen in February 2025. Who knows what the world will look like between now and February 2025!

In-between, I am toying with the idea of a short adventurous getaway to the Mulu Caves in the Malaysian State of Sarawak. But for the idea to gain traction, my work schedule in October will need to be clearer; at the moment, it is not. A major project milestone supposedly scheduled next month is yet to be confirmed. Until that is done and dusted, my work schedule is very much in a state of flux. So, no trips can be finalised. For now, I wait. 

But, an adventure trip or no trip does not really matter. I am satisfied with my recent completed trip during which I had seen and experienced many things. I had visited cities that I had never previously visited. I had done things that I had not previously done. Nothing out of the ordinary but nevertheless still new experiences. I had emulated travels experiences from travel documentaries that I had watched on television during the recent pandemic years when leisure travel was almost non-existent. In the process, I had become a lot more travelled, a lot more wiser (I hope) and discovered more of myself, albeit also becoming much poorer in my bank accounts!

With a host of newly acquired travel experiences to reminisce, I can concentrate on my work and look forward to the year-end festivities with satisfaction.

Posing for the camera in front of Kumamoto Castle, Kumamoto, Kumamoto Prefecture, Japan (2023)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg