China, Hong Kong SAR - Port Visit

On a recent cruise onboard Royal Caribbean's Spectrum of the Seas, I visited Hong Kong for the first time via a port visit. While I had traveled to Hong Kong many times previously, all these visits were by air via either Cathay Pacific or Singapore Airlines. This was the first time I visited Hong Kong by sea!

View of Hong Kong's water from onboard Spectrum of the Seas berthed at the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal, Hong Kong SAR, China (2023)

The cruise ship was already berthed at the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal by the time I woke up lazily in my cabin at about 8am. After a quick breakfast at the Windjammer cafe at Deck 14, I disembarked from the ship and was soon onboard the free shuttle bus that ferried cruise passengers from the cruise terminal to different areas of the city. I chose to take the shuttle to Mong Kok and had a great time relaxing over aromatic coffee and delicious waffles whilst people watching at Langham Place. I also found time to shop at the many and varied retail shops at Langham Place and the surrounding malls before boarding the return shuttle bus to the cruise terminal at about 3pm.

Boarding was simple and efficient and soon, I was back onboard Spectrum of the Seas. Going up to Deck 15, I was happy to find myself a vantage position where I got to film the ship's departure from port. A few short hours in Hong Kong but nevertheless a very wonderful visiting experience. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing