Post-Trip Recollections - Relaxing in Jimbaran Bay

December has always been the month when I feel like traveling. If I cannot afford to travel further due to time and budget, I always try to squeeze in a regional trip. Living in Singapore, I am blessed with being located in a region where great travel destinations are plentiful.

One of my favourite destination for a short getaway is Bali. Only about two-hour by flight from Singapore, I can simply jet away for a short vacation during the year-end festive period. This was what I did in December 2023 when I traveled to Bali, staying at Jimbaran Bay and Ubud during my 6-day trip.

A relaxing evening at the beach, Jimbaran Bay, Bali, Indonesia (2023)

At Jimbaran Bay, I chose to stay at the Intercontinental Jimbaran Bay, where I got to enjoy sumptuous buffet breakfasts, great dinners by the beach and of course, relaxing with a good book in and around the lush resort hotel. I also took the time to catch up on my writings. And of course, work was never far away and my hideaway to answer work emails was often at the executive lounge where I typed away on my laptop while enjoying a cup or two of coffee.

I also love the white sand beach just in front of the hotel. In the evenings amidst the setting sun, there were always holiday goers and locals at the beach. Everyone simply love the beach at dusk, the cool ocean winds blowing in from the Indian Ocean and the gentle laughter of kids as they enjoyed a playful time. I am no exception. In the evenings, I walked the length of the beach, enjoying the cool ocean breeze, people watching, ocean watching and simply, just being myself. A great relaxation of body and soul. 🌏

The Intercontinental Jimbaran Bay, Jimbaran Bay, Bali, Indonesia (2023)

Egg Benedict for breakfast, Jimbaran Bay, Bali, Indonesia (2023)

Sumptuous dinner by the beach, Jimbaran Bay, Bali, Indonesia (2023)

Entrance at the Intercontinental Jimbaran Bay at night,  Jimbaran Bay, Bali, Indonesia (2023)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing