Travel Bits: September 2024

Autumn Travel...... 


I work and live in the tropics so the changing of seasons don't really apply to me. But actually they do, because I love to travel to temperate countries during the autumn season. Why? Because the weather is cooler, the peak summer travel season is over, hotels and air tickets are generally cheaper and there are less crowd everywhere.

Coming from the tropics, I can indulge in wearing my thicker clothing items such as my hoodies, wool sweaters and also dabble in wearing layered clothing, something that I cannot do in warm and humid Singapore!

This year has been a pretty barren one for me in terms of travel. Into the ninth month of the year and I had only went on one actual vacation; my budget train journey from Bangkok to Singapore, in May and June 2024. My other trips; one to Ipoh in February was for the Chinese New Year Holidays to meet family and friends so it cannot really be counted as a vacation. The other trip was a 4-night return cruise from Singapore to Penang and Phuket. Again, that trip was to accompany my elderly relatives. Acting as a  chaperone for the duration of the trip wasn't exactly a vacation either. Thus, only one vacation so far for me this year.

My next trip is in autumn, to Japan. This, will be a vacation. I plan to spend time outside of crowded Tokyo, driving to Nikko for a 2-night stay at the Nikko Kanaya which is a travel bucket list item for me. There, I intend to spend some time hiking to Lake Chūzenji and visiting the Kegon Waterfalls along the way. Nothing really fanciful, just some light hiking through the woods, enjoying nature and spending time with my friends. And I will also be taking the opportunity to do some writing, sketching and journaling. The peaceful and serene natural ambience of the surroundings will definitely contribute inspirations to spur my minds creativity.

Autumn, I just can't wait....... 🌏

Early autumn leaves, Nikko, Tochigi Prefecture, Japan (2014)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing