Strait of Malacca - Rock Climbing Out At Sea

Modern day cruise ships are huge behemoths where almost anything imaginable can be found onboard. 

After having been on several cruises already, I am beginning to believe that even on cruises with no or very few port days, I will still not run out of things to do onboard. After all, it is really difficult for one to get bored on a huge cruise ship that can span a couple of hundreds of metres or more, from bow to stern.

Even on days when I may feel a bit on the introvert side, I can always find a relatively serene corner to read or write, a warm beverage in-hand. There will also almost always be a gym for me to work out, swimming pools to get some tan, a dance hall to enjoy music and a dance or two, lots of food for the glutton in me, spectacular shows for entertainment, even a promenade to shop or window shop, my room balcony to look out at the sea and contemplate life and more. Of course, there is also the opportunity to meet people and make new friends.

While on a cruise that was sailing from Penang to Phuket along the Strait of Malacca, I observed passengers enjoying a sport of rock climbing. A photo opportunity beckoned and I snapped this photograph with my mobile phone. Rock climbing out at sea? Welcome to a modern cruise ship! 📸🛳

Rock climbing at sea, Strait of Malacca (2024)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing