Travel Bits: September 2026
Upcoming trips.......
I did not travel for the month of September 2026, either for work or vacation. However, I have two upcoming trips in October.
First up is a trip to Hong Kong and Macau on the first week of October 2026. During this trip, I will be traveling to Macau for the first time. Thus, a new city will be clocked for my travel map. I am attending a concert in Macau and will stay overnight after the concert, returning to Hong Kong the next day. Yes, as someone who prefers familiarity (despite my love for travels), I am using Hong Kong as a base for the trip. My return air tickets to Hong Kong was booked at promotion prices with Singapore Airlines and my accommodations in both Hong Kong and Macau have also been booked and paid well in advance, albeit a bit expensive at this time of the year because my trip dates coincide with the Golden Week holidays in China.
A week later, I will be traveling to Ipoh to visit relatives and friends. This time, I will be flying to Ipoh via Scoot, a local low cost airline which is a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. The return tickets were paid for with my SIA's Krisflyer Membership miles. Therefore, I only paid for the taxes and fees for the air tickets. A great way to travel short haul utilising miles redemption and saving a bit on cash to spend on shopping and dinning during the trip. Using parsimony is a real-life way to stay within my travel budget.
Beyond these two trips, I have no other trips planned for the year. I may go on one or two more short trips before the year concludes. I had visited Taipei earlier this year, but another trip to the city may still materialise. Another city on my probable travel list is Kaohsiung. I have never visited any other cities south of Taipei so if I really do travel to Kaohsiung, it will be a new city to explore and of course, another new city visited. A short year end trip to Manila is also a possibility.
But these plans are just that, plans. My travel plans usually changes at the last minute and I often find myself on a trip that I have not previously envisioned while planning for my next trips. A lot of times, it was a "right here, right now" kind of decision, especially if I chance upon really great promotional airfares. So where will I travel to in December? Only time will tell! 🌏
Should I go on another short trip to Taipei for 2026?
Raohe Street, Songshan District, Taipei, Taiwan (2026)

Comments
Post a Comment