Travel Bits: October 2026

New City Unlocked....... 

I just returned from a short trip to Hong Kong and Macau. While I have been a rather regular visitor to Hong Kong, this was actually my first ever trip to Macau.

For context, I was there to attend a concert by one of my favourite Mandarin-pop artist, Rene Liu Ruo Ying. Because I was taking the cross-border bus from Hong Kong to Macau and back to Hong Kong; and the concert will end close to 10pm, I decided to stay overnight at a hotel so that I did not have to rush for the last bus back to Hong Kong. Thus, my so-called 2 day/1 night trip to Macau.

Before attending the concert, I had the chance to walk around the Macau Peninsula where the hotel I booked was located. I visited and took that obligatory tourist photo of the Ruin of St Paul's, lunched at a Portuguese-style eatery, sight-see around the Freguesia de Santo António and Freguesia da Sé areas and shopped. And the next day before I returned to Hong Kong, I had lunch at a local eatery, did more sight-seeing and took a ride on a local bus. Overall, this was a rather good first trip to Macau for me. This was also a new city unlocked, for me. 
 
Next up in October, I have a trip to Ipoh. Mainly to meet and catchup with family and friends. And of course, to dine on my favourite Ipoh food.
 
The Grand Lisboa Macau and its iconic structure, Freguesia da Sé, Macau, China (2026)

Ruin of St Paul's, Freguesia de Santo António, Macau, China (2026)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Travel Bits: September 2026

Post-Trip Recollections - Japan Trip!

Bucket List: Hiking in Tsushima