Cambodia, Siem Reap - Tonle Sap

The Tonle Sap consists of the Tonle Sap River and the Tonle Sap Lake. It is located in Cambodia and is connected to the mighty Mekong River. As the season switches between the dry and wet seasons, the size of the Tonle Sap Lake varies considerably.

During my trip to Siem Reap in September 2015, I took a half day boat ride along the river. The ride took me right along the river all the way to the open expanse of the lake. Here, the vastness of the Tonle Sap lake becomes evident as it stretches beyond the horizon.

I snapped this picture of some of the houses along the Tonle Sap River as my boat pulled out from the jetty and headed towards the Tonle Sap Lake. The photo was taken using the panoramic mode of the camera on my iPhone 6 Plus.

Houses along and on the Tonle Sap River, Siem Reap, Cambodia (2015)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg