Inflight Experiences - 'J' Class on BR from HKG to TPE (December 2015)

I flew 'J' Class on from Hong Kong (HKG) to Taipei (TPE) on EVA Air (BR) during my recent vacation. This was my first time flying on EVA Air.

As this was a vacation, I had wanted to take things a bit slower and also to travel in a bit more luxurious style to reward myself for working non-stop, including weekends, for the past 5 months. Thus, I decided to fly via Business Class in the late morning which I supposed is a relatively off-peak period for flight reservations, especially on a weekday. Thus, I was booked and flew to Taipei's Taoyuan International Airport via EVA Air's Flight BR852.

The Flight BR852 that I was on, uses an A330-200 to serve the relatively short route from Hong Kong to Taipei. Total fight time was 1 hour and 45 minutes (official estimates) although based on my watch, we actually touched down in Taipei in less than 90 minutes after leaving Hong Kong's Chek Lap Kok Airport.

As this was a short flight, I did not get the chance to really enjoy the inflight service much except for the light meal served en-route. The meal was decently good. I had pre-ordered the pan-fried Cod Fish and it tasted generally pleasant with the exception that the fish seemed to be slightly overcooked. I assumed this to be a one-off oversight by the kitchen/catering department. 

Business Class meal served onboard Flight BR852 from HKG to TPE,  Main Course was pan-fired Cod Fish (2015)

Closeup photo of my fruit and drink onboard Flight BR852 (2015)

The seat was relatively comfortable and I have ample leg room to strecth those tired legs after two full days of pounding the shopping malls in Hong Kong searching for the best shopping deals!

View of Business Class Cabin onboard the A330-200 that serves the route between HKG and TPE for Flight BR852 (2015)

Ample leg room to stretch those tired legs onboard the Business Class Cabin of Flight BR852 (2015)

Magazines are stored within arms reach from the seat onboard the Business Class Cabin of Flight BR852 (2015)

Onboard, the Cabin Crew were professional and friendly. Overall, very good customer service from the flight crew.

On my way back to Hong Kong from Taipei, my return flight on 'J' Class was served by a smaller Airbus A321 plane for Flight BR867.

Despite this being a much smaller plane than the A330-200, service was excellent. My pre-ordered duty free items which I purchased online via EVA Air's website while in Taipei were delivered to me specially packed and sealed.

The onboard meal was great and I enjoyed a good brunch on the way back to Hong Kong. I especially loved the garlic bread they served onboard!

Business Class meal served onboard BR867 from TPE to HKG, Grilled Chicken with Vegetables (2015)

Business Class meal served onboard BR867 from TPE to HKG, Pork with Rice (2015)

Overall, my first flight experiences on EVA Air were good. I am now looking forward to planning my next trip on EVA Air via one of their flights served using aircrafts specially painted with the Hello Kitty liveries! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg