Indonesia, Bali - Photographing Flowers and Insects

I usually visit Bali at least once a year for vacation. And because the main purpose of my visit is to rest and relax from my usual hectic work schedules, I mostly spent my time within the resort grounds where I stay. 

One of my favourite past times whenever I vacation in Bali is to take photographs of wildlife including flowers and insects. During my most recent visit to Bali in March 2016, I brought along my then brand new Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Lens. Using this lens for the first time, I wander around the lush gardens of the Sofitel Bali Nusa Dua Resort looking for subjects to photograph. And there were indeed plenty of photo opportunities as insects throng the gardens busily harvesting nectar from the blooms of the beautiful lotus flowers. This allowed me the luxury of time and space to practice to try out my new macro lens.

Here are a few photographs from my close-ups photoshoot during the trip.

Blue Lotus, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

Honey bees harvesting nectar from a Lotus flower, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

Bees harvesting sector from a Lotus flower, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

Blue Lotus, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

A honey bee on a Lotus Flower, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg