Cambodia, Siem Reap - Local Boat Rides

Depending on where one travels to, local boat rides can differ widely.

So far, the boat rides I took whenever I traveled to the Indochina region were always interesting. This ranged from me having to help the boatman scooped water out of the boat as we traversed the Mekong River in Laos to trusting my boatman who looked very much like an 11 year-old boy as we sped from one river bank to another across the muddy waters of some fast flowing tributaries of the mighty Mekong in Vietnam.

Here are a couple of photographs taken while I was on a boat ride somewhere along the Mekong River while visiting Siem Reap and its surrounding region. Compared to some other boat rides I had experienced on my travels, this ride can be considered to be quite luxurious and very safe. 

What are your personal experiences with local boat rides during your travels? 

Boat ride on the Mekong River, Siem Reap, Cambodia (2015)

A local boat ferrying passengers along the Mekong River, Siem Reap Cambodia (2015)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg