Australia, Joondalup - Shop, Eat and Relax

After having my intended visit to Rottnest Island disrupted due to inclement weather, I suddenly found that I had an extra day on my itinerary during my visit to West Australia.

As the weather was not very friendly on that said day which led to the cancellation of ferry services to Rottnest, it also meant that I had to find some place where I could still enjoy the day and yet be shielded from the elements. A quick check on the map from my location at Sorrento Quay revealed that there is a large shopping complex just north of where I was. I decided to hop into my rented vehicle and drove to this shopping complex located in Joondalup.

Outdoor view of Lakeside Joondalup where I spent a whole day shopping, eating and relaxing during my trip, Joondalup, Western Australia, Australia (2018)

Upon reaching Lakeside Joondalup, I had no trouble finding parking for the vehicle even though this was my first time there. I then proceeded to go on a shopping spree which resulted in me buying enough summer shorts to probably last me for the next 10 years! And I was not exaggerating. :-)

This mega shopping complex was where I literally shopped until I dropped, Joondalup, Western Australia, Australia (2018)

Besides the shopping, I also found time to eat, rest and people-watch. I even popped by the Joondalup Railway Station which was located just next to the shopping complex just for sight-seeing. Who cared about the rainy weather when there are large malls to spend the time!

The Joondalup Railway Station located next to Lakeside Joondalup, Joondalup, Western Australia, Australia (2018)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg