Australia, Perth - Sorrento Quay Boardwalk

On a friend's recommendation, I decided to visit the Sorrento Quay Boardwalk for dinner as one of my itinerary items while visiting Perth.

Arriving on a rainy June afternoon, I drove into the huge car park at Sorento Quay. Along the way, I noticed a number of leisure fishermen trying to get bites on their lines along the many breakwaters that lined the coast.

The many small boats and yachts berthed  at the harbour, Hillarys Boat Harbour, Perth, Western Australia, Australia (2018)

Located at Hillarys Boat Harbour, there are many shopping and dining outlets at Sorrento Quay. As I was early for dinner, I had a perfect excuse to shop at the many retail shops. My memorable purchases here include a very beautiful lava crystal candle holder. 

Entrance to Sorrento Quay, Hillarys Boat Harbour, Perth, Western Australia, Australia (2018)

Venturing in the light rain out into the boardwalk area, I discovered that one can purchase tickets and board a ferry from here to Rottnest Island. There were also many small boats and yachts berthed here. Soon, the rain started to get heavier and that forced me back into the sheltered area where the shops and restaurants were.

Sorrento Quay Boardwalk, Hillarys Boat Harbour, Perth, Western Australia, Australia (2018)

Ferry to Rottnest Island, Hillarys Boat Harbour, Perth, Western Australia, Australia (2018)

After walking around and considering the many dining options available, I finally settled on one of the restaurants. Dinner was followed by another short walk around the area before I wrapped up the evening with a warm cup of latte and a delicious piece of cake at another of the restaurants here.

Overall, a delightful late-afternoon and evening spent at Sorrento Quay. A perfect place to spend the time, especially on a rainy day.

My dinner of pan-fried salmon on a bed of locally-produced vegetables and herbs, Sorento Quay, Hillarys Boat Harbour, Perth, Western Australia, Australia (2018)

My travel partner chose the beef steak with mushroom sauce served with mashed potato and locally-produced vegetables, Sorento Quay, Hillarys Boat Harbour, Perth, Western Australia, Australia (2018)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg