Travel Bits: May 2020

Travel Reminiscing.......

In a period where worldwide business and leisure travels are heavily curtailed due to a pandemic, the next best thing to satisfying the travel bug in all of us is to reminisce past trips. 

Boat waiting to board passengers, Malé, Maldives (2014)

As part of my travel reminiscence, I started a 30-day Travel Reminiscing series of posts on my Instagram account (timothytanks) for the month of May 2020. For this series, I set a self-imposed limit of one post per country/territory/city. This is to allow me to recap and share 30 different destinations over the course of one month. The featured country/territory/city over the 30-days in chronological order were:

Post 1.   Helsinki/Finland
Post 2.   Nazareth/Israel
Post 3.   Jiufen/Taiwan
Post 4.   New Norcia/Australia
Post 5.   Siem Reap/Cambodia
Post 6.   Loch Ness/Scotland
Post 7.   Kanchanaburi/Thailand
Post 8.   Rome/Italy
Post 9.   Kowloon/Hong Kong
Post 10. Mahé/Seychelles
Post 11. Bali/Indonesia
Post 12. Toulouse/France
Post 13. Mahibadhoo/Maldives
Post 14. Istanbul/Turkey
Post 15. Hoi An/Vietnam
Post 16. Engelberg/Switzerland
Post 17. Wiltshire/England
Post 18. Kinabalu National Park/Malaysia
Post 19. Seoul/Korea
Post 20. Orlando/United States
Post 21. Thiruvananthapuram/India
Post 22. Encamp/Andorra
Post 23. Suzhou/China
Post 24. Tallinn/Estonia
Post 25. Luang Prabang/Laos
Post 26. Frankfurt/Germany
Post 27. Gothenburg/Sweden
Post 28. Annapurna/Nepal
Post 29. Takayama/Japan
Post 30. Marina Bay/Singapore

As destinations started cautiously lifting travel restrictions, I look forward to the day when we can all travel safely again after public health and normalcy returns.

I can't wait to return to Beitou for my hot spring bath, Beitou, Taipei, Taiwan (2018)

Meanwhile, my travel reminiscence has helped me to decide where I want to go next and which destination I want to return for re-visits. As soon as things return to normal, I will be ready to pack my travel luggages, donned my favourite travel shoes and be back travelling.  

And my first trip when that happens? A local staycation near a beach! Gotta bare my torso and get that suntan. Never mind that I have become all flabby after months of not being able to go to the gym. 

Bali is one of my most favourite travel destination, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2016)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg