Switzerland, Zurich - Airline Lounge with a View

I loved travelling. It was not so long ago that travelling was as easy as going online to book my return air tickets and hotel accommodation before jetting off to the destination on the day of the outbound flight. 

In particular, if I had the opportunity to travel in the premier classes of a flight, the flight itself was as much an important part of my trip as any other expected travel experiences such as dining on local cuisines, meeting the locals, sight-seeing and enjoying the local culture and practices. 

At times, I pampered myself by spending my hard-earned cash on a return Business Class ticket at promotional rates. Or I redeemed my expiring miles for a discounted Business Class ticket. And on some rare occasions, the airlines actually kindly and generously upgraded me to the next class of seat from my purchased ticket. How the upgrade works still baffles me. I supposed it all boils down to pure luck. But I really don't know.

Travelling in the premier classes of a flight accords additional privileges such as the use of the airline lounges at the airport. One lounge that I really like was the Business Class lounge of Swiss Air at Zurich International Airport (IATA: ZRH, ICAO: LSZH). I could seat next to the huge glass panels fronting the runway and enjoyed the views of aircrafts taking off and landing as well as those taxing on the tarmac and parked at the gates. Sipping my latte while enjoying the delicious food the lounge offered and watching airplanes. What a joy. I missed all of those. As soon as border restrictions are lifted, I will be sure to fly again. Until then, I could only indulge in reminiscing. 

Business Class Lounge, Zurich International Airport, Zurich, Switzerland (2017)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg