I have always view air travel on Business Class as an exclusive privilege, one in which I can only indulge in on rare occasions. This is because the exquisite touches of Business Class travel on premium airlines made the flight itself a separate and unique travel experience. This is a review of my experiences when I flew on Business Class (i.e. 'J' Class) on Singapore Airlines (SQ) from Singapore to Taipei in December 2016. Check-in While Singapore Airlines offer a seamless check-in experience both online and via its SingaporeAir app, I have always preferred and enjoyed the experience of checking in at the check-in counters at the airport in person. I loved the feel of that Boarding Pass in my hand. Add the fact that I collect my Boarding Passes as mementos of my trips and the reasons for my in-person check-in preference become apparent. As with all premium class travels, separate check-in counters for Business Class are allocated at the airport by Singapore A...
When I travelled to Hong Kong in February 2026 for a weekend trip, I flew on Cathay Pacific return. My outbound flight from Singapore to Hong Kong onboard CX690 was serviced using a Boeing 777-300ER and the return flight CX635 was serviced using an Airbus A350-900 aircraft. On this trip, I flew on mixed cabin class, in Premium Economy onboard CX690 and Economy onboard CX635. The service from the crew on both flights were similar, generally very good. Despite the crew being more busy in Economy due to the relatively larger number of passengers to attend to, they still managed their workload really well. As a passenger, I usually require very little or no assistance from the crew, preferring to sit quietly in my assigned seat during the flight, watching the inflight entertainment system or plugging in my AirPods to listen to my favourite music. Therefore, my only interaction with the crew was during the meal service. Check-In The check-in for my outbound flight, CX690, at Singapore'...
Another trip completed while the next beckons ....... Mid-July 2026, I just returned from another short trip to Hong Kong, my third of the year to the southern Chinese city. During this trip, I had some time on my own and I discovered another fountain pen shop tucked in the Sham Shui Po district. I bought a pen from them to support local small business and also to justify to myself for making the effort to go all the way to look for the pen shop based on recommendations from friends who are into fountain pens. I also enjoyed myself dining and sight-seeing, as usual. After achieving Silver Tier Status with my Cathay Pacific membership, I got to enjoy lounge access this trip, even though I was only flying Premium Economy. Enjoying the delicious food in the lounge, reading newspapers in the comfort of the lounge and getting myself freshened up with a nice shower just before boarding my return flight was certainly a travel experience to savour. Coming up on the first week of Aug...
Comments
Post a Comment