Post-Trip Recollections - Siem Reap Trip in May 2022

And so I just returned home yesterday from a trip to Siem Reap. This trip was my first flight in 30 months and second overseas trip in just as many months. The 30-month travel hiatus was because of international border restrictions that began in March 2020 because of the COVID pandemic.

During the trip, I visited Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom. This being my second visit to Siem Reap, I limited my archeological sites' visits to just these 2 places, spending more time to study and appreciate the splendour of both sites.

In-between, I also had time during the trip to walk around the city of Siem Reap to explore the many back lanes during which I discovered many beautiful and quaint cafes where delicious food and aromatic coffees were served by friendly staff. Indulging in my serendipitous walking tours without maps and fixed plans allowed me to enjoy whatever that came by way.

Photo collage of my trip, Siem Reap, Cambodia (2022)

Photo collage of one of my cafe stops, Siem Reap, Cambodia (2022)

In summary, this was a good and enjoyable trip; a much welcome return to my wanderlusts and overseas  travels. With all those walking over 5 days, I also returned home with a huge blister on one of the toes on my right foot. But it was all worth it, the blister a proudly-worn badge that showed me that I had been there and walked those streets in distant lands once again! 😀

Photo collage of my visit to Angkor Wat, Angkor Archeological Park, Siem Reap, Cambodia (2022)

Photo collage of my visit to Angkor Thom, Angkor Archeological Park, Siem Reap, Cambodia (2022)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg