Travel Bits: August 2022

Getting in the travel groove...... 

Travel wise, things are slowly but surely getting back in the groove. Having completed four trips this year compared to just one in 2020 and zero for 2021, I can say that my travel experiences are beginning to look "normal" again. Normal when compared to 2019 and earlier.

I have two more trips planned for this year, both in the months of October. After which, I am taking a short break from travel for the rest of 2022. My travel budget has its limits!

For next year, I have nothing concrete planned for now. But I should at the very least, be able to go on at least three trips. Hopefully, one of these will be to Japan in August to watch the famous fireworks festival in Nagaoka in Niigata Prefecture. Whether Japan will be opened to leisure travellers by this time next year remains to be seen. Despite talks about being in the forefront of opening up, together with the rest of the G7 nations, Japan's doors remain shut tightly to foreigners. If a trip to Japan in August is not possible, then I may instead settle for a trip to a European country that I have yet to truly visit. Denmark and Greece are frontrunners in my personal travel list.

For 2024, I am on the verge of booking a cruise to the South Pacific, budget permitting. Where to in the South Pacific? Vanuatu and New Caledonia are top candidates in my cruise destinations list.

Part of the fun of travel is of course in the trip plannings. For the remaining months of 2022, I will definitely be spending some of my free time indulging in the pleasures of charting my travels for 2023 and 2024. What about 2025? That is a little too far ahead to plan, for now. 😀

Cruises are now part of my annual travel plans, Spectrum of the Seas, Singapore Strait, Singapore (2022)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg