Travel Bits: October 2022

Wrapping up my personal Travel Calendar for 2022...... 

As I wrote this blog post, I had just returned fresh from a long-postponed trip to Bali. I had booked and paid for my accommodation back in September 2019 for the trip that was originally planned for April 2020. But for reasons that were beyond anyone's control, I had to repeatedly reschedule the trip until this month when I could finally enjoy my beach vacation at my favourite beach destination!

This Bali trip marked my fifth overseas leisure trip of 2022. I have another trip coming up in the last week of October. This is a cruise from Singapore to Klang and Penang (Malaysia) and also Phuket (Thailand). I had booked the cruise back in January when prices were still low because of continuing travel restrictions. It will be my last vacation trip of the year and I am looking forward to enjoy the upcoming cruise. I am likely to be spending most of my cruise time onboard the ship, only intending to disembark at Penang. I had just visited Kuala Lumpur in August so will skip the disembarkation at Klang. As the port of call in Phuket is quite far from the areas where the sight-seeing and shopping attractions are located, I intend to give disembarkation here a miss too. I had been to Phuket many times before so I am unlikely to miss much, except for the local food. 

After the cruise trip, I will be busy with work for the remaining two months of the year. My next trip will likely be to Ipoh (Malaysia) in January 2023 for the Chinese New Year holidays and of course, Japan in March 2023 for the cherry blossoms and August 2023 for the Fireworks Festivals. Can't wait to visit Japan again! And of course, there are also trips to Taipei and Seoul to be planned for the later part of 2023.

Me, relaxing and taking an upside down selfie at the lobby of the Westin Nusa Dua, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia (2022)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg