Travel Bits: November 2022

Travel Plans for 2023 ....... 

With the completion of a cruise trip on 31 October, I wrapped up my leisure travels for 2022.

Following the pandemic-induced stay-within-home-city period which for me stretched from February 2020 to April 2022, I had the luxury to go on six trips in 2022.

A trip to Ipoh and Cameron Highlands in mid-May was followed quickly by an escapade to Siem Reap in the last week of that same month. My first ever cruise experience happened in July when I sailed with Royal Caribbean onboard its Spectrum of the Seas ship from Singapore to Penang and back to Singapore on a 3-night trip.

In August, I visited Kuala Lumpur, the city I visited in January 2020 just before the worldwide pandemic struck. 

A repeatedly postponed trip to Bali, no thanks to the pandemic, finally happened in the first week of October. In the last week of that month, I went on my second cruise trip. Again on Spectrum of the Seas, I sailed from Singapore to Port Klang, Penang and Phuket.

And so, those were my six trips of 2022. All regional and all relatively short trips. But being able to travel freely again is something to celebrate.

I have no more tips planned for the rest of 2022.

For the upcoming year, I just booked a 12-night cruise from Yokohama to Singapore. Along the way, the cruise will make port calls at Shimizu, Osaka, Kagoshima, Manila, Nha Trang and Ho Chi Minh City. I have never visited Shimizu, Kagoshima, Manila and Nha Trang before and am looking forward to adding these 4 cities to my personal visited city list. Before boarding the cruise in Yokohama, I planned to include trips to Nagaoka in early August for the annual Nagaoka Fireworks Festival and to spend some time in Tokyo for the shopping and food.

Of course, there is also the annual trip to Ipoh to visit relatives and friends in February. And, if I have enough time and budget leftover, maybe a trip to Taipei will be the icing on the cake for my 2023 leisure travel plans.

Its never too early to make travel plans...and dream....... 😁

Cruise Ship at Port, Marina Bay Cruise Centre, Singapore (2022)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg