Random Thoughts - Happy New Year 2023 and Beyond

With the blink of an eye, the year 2022 is history, 2023 is the present and 2024 is the immediate beyond. 

2022 will be remembered as the year when international travel was allowed to resume, the year when supply chains were the main talking points of economists, logisticians and politicians alike, and also the year when the world suddenly becomes a lot more unfriendly.

On a more personal note, I started leisure travel again in  May 2022 and completed a total of six trips for the year. Not revenge travel to compensate for my hermit lifestyle in 2020 and 2021 but merely seizing the chance to explore the world again and reconnect with relatives and friends living in other parts of the world.

The last two months of the year had been tough for me. In the middle of October, I had stupidly took on a full-time appointment. Saddled with sisyphean tasks that even the legendary Hercules himself will be hard pressed to fulfil, I decide to throw in the towel, raise the white flag and return to my entrepreneur career in 2023. But as with all things in life, contractual obligations and responsibilities require that I continue with my current appointment until early-February 2023. With an end-date in sight, things do suddenly look a lot brighter and those emerging white hairs on my head should hopefully start to slow down now that I have decided to stop trying to be Hercules. 

With more time on my hand, I will be starting new business ventures in 2023, enjoy a more balanced work life and spend more time journaling. Thankfully, I still have enough financial resources on hand for these.

Thinking back on the last couple of months of 2022, I find it ironic that people work to make their lives better but often, the work they took on ended up messing their lives.

Enough of ranting on the first day of the year. May 2023 be a better one for everybody, wherever and whoever you are.

Happy New Year! 🎉🎊🌈

An interesting signboard with a meaningful quote that I serendipitously chanced upon, while walking around with no fixed plans, Georgetown, Penang, Malaysia (2022)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Singapore, Horsburgh - Deep Sea Fishing

Cambodia, Siem Reap - Wall Sculptures at Angkor Wat

Estonia, Tallinn - Palace of Ungern-Sternberg